So if you’re considering MBBS admission in Abroad and that too in the Philippines, you are on the right page. MBBS is the ultimate goal to become a doctor. It is what helps you cure patients, treat diseases, and keep preserving good health in mankind.
All over the world, there are several countries that offer MBBS. But very few provide MBBS with MD. One such beautiful place is the Philippines. The Philippines is broadly known for a collection of islands. It has more volcanoes than towns.
If you love to be multilingual, then here you can learn more than 175 languages. To study MBBS abroad may be the dream of many students in India.
And when you are tired from all the learning of languages, you can gift yourself something from the three of the world’s largest shopping malls in the Philippines.
Enough about the place, now let’s find out the prerequisites for securing an MBBS degree in the Philippines.
- You must be in the age group of 17 and 25.
- Basic marks- For a general category, 50% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology both in 10th and 12 grades. For backward classes or reserved categories like SC/ST/OBS, 40% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology both in 10th and 12th grades.
- Minimum tuition fees would be 2.27 lakh per year.
- Maximum tuition fees would be 6 lakh per year.
- Some universities do not want you to give IELTS and TOEFL. NEET is required if you want to practice in India.
- Your medium of education must be in English.
- The course duration is 5 years + 1 year of internship
- The cost of living in the Philippines is around 7,000 to 10,000 INR per month.
- The universities of the Philippines are recognized by WHO, NMC, WFME, and ECFMG.
What are the documents required?
- 1Valid passport
- Scanned mark sheets of 10th and 12th grades
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof in the form of an aadhar card or pan card
- Migration certificate
- HIV test report
- Medical insurance
- Student visa
- Invitation letter from the university you have applied for.
- 10 passport-sized photographs
- COVID-19 test report
Which universities can you apply for an MBBS degree in the Philippines?
- University of Santo Tomas
- Manila Central University
- Angeles University Foundation
- Lyceum North-western University
- St. Paul University
- Emilio Aguinaldo College in Manila
- University of Northern Philippines
- AMEC Bicol Christian College of Medicine
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Cebu Institute of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA
- South-western University
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- Cayagan State University
Why should you choose the Philippines to study MBBS?
Here are the reasons-
- A multilingual nation, you will get to meet people from different parts of the globe.
- It provides MBBS with an MD. MD is widely recognised in India today. Most patients want their doctors to have specializations.
- You don’t have to pay any donation fees to study MBBS in the Philippines.
- It offers a tropical climate with temperatures varying from 28 to 32 degrees.
- It has a higher pass percentage than other countries.
Apply to MBBS abroad without any further delay!